Saturday, February 22, 2014

CRAZY FOR DAISY

POSTED BY KIM
MISS MEERS CORVALLIS

Lately I’ve felt that I’m in a bit of a style rut, with all this rain and snow. Don’t get me wrong, I couldn’t live without my standby skinnies/sweater/ankle boot outfits, but I’ve been dying for a fabulous spring shoe. So naturally when the Jeffrey Campbell Cors-Daisy came in last week, I totally lost my cool (mhmm, that’s right… total squealing, freak-out moment in the middle of the Bridgeport store). It satisfies all my spring cravings with its girly daisy cutouts, lace-up peep toe, and surprisingly practical heel height.


At first it might seem this lovely shoe has just too much going on, but let me assure you, it can and will go with EVERYTHING. Here’s why: The neutral tan color pairs perfectly with the spring pastels seen all over the runways this year. The subtle texture takes a solid or printed outfit to the next level, and the lace-up front makes it effortless and casual. And just to prove it, I wore the Cors-Daisy almost every day this week, everywhere I went. Despite the pouring rain, I was determined to wear the Cors-Daisy anywhere I could; including work, the grocery store, morning Starbucks runs, and even to class. I am now fully convinced this shoe is one hundred percent practical! Instead of reaching for my trusty ballet flats, I wore the daisy, and never before had I felt so fabulous wearing leggings and an oversized sweater. 


As soon as the sun comes out I’m going to wear the Daisy with printed shorts and a leather jacket, or maybe that lace shift dress I’ve been meaning to pull out again. In the meantime I’ll be wearing them with my skinnies and a sporty sweater, or tee shirt dress and tights. And don’t be afraid to go overboard with the florals! Spring is a time to try new things, and I love having fun with a particular theme. You should too!

No comments:

Post a Comment