Thursday, October 17, 2013

THE FOUR YEAR ENGAGEMENT

If someone asked me to total how many hours I have spent talking about Frye boots, or dreaming about Frye boots, in the last four years I've worked at Miss Meers, I might be too embarrassed to admit just how many. I know, however, that I am not alone. And this is my ode to all of you ladies who lust after and visit the store frequently to see your favorite Frye boot, but have yet to make the investment.

If you are a regular customer, you understand our sisterhood of Frye allegiance at Miss Meers. Since the day I started working at the store in August 2009, I was enthralled by our year round, timeless classic, the Frye 15R Harness in distressed chocolate vintage leather (you may know exactly what boot I am talking about if you have been shopping with us for a while). Not only did the tried and true standard of bench-crafted quality capture my love and attention, but each pair looks completely different with every box you open. Some of them are darker, lighter, more green, more purple, more gray, more black, more tarnished, less smooth, more smooth... the list goes on with the individuality of each boot. With the passing of every year, I have kept my eye on this little beauty, but it was a forbidden love: expensive & rustic. A square-toe style which I had never experienced before, I hesitated every year; could I make this kind of commitment to boots that would be with me for the rest of my life? And I never did it. I just stared at them longingly with every passing hour, of every shift, for four years.

This August, as I was opening the new arrival of 15Rs for fall (it still sells out every year!), I noticed a pair of size 8s with the perfectly darkened toe box and scaling leather detail. All of a sudden, it was like, I just knew. The time had come, and I was ready to make the commitment: through party and long walks, through dirt, mud and city sidewalks, I was going to be with this pair of boots forever. They have already crossed half the globe with me, through the airport and into early fall rainy days. Now, as I sit in a coffee shop in Southern Switzerland watching the waves on Lake Lugano during an overcast day, my feet feel at peace tucked away in their beloved boots, finally.

This year, may you also commit to the Frye boots that will forever make you happy.

Posted By Val
MissMeers via Switzerland

No comments:

Post a Comment